Next Generation 9-1-1 and GIS
GIS data is critical to NG9-1-1 operations. The CRTC has mandated the development of national specifications for GIS data content, accuracy and currency. These changes will dictate that municipalities and other 9-1-1 data suppliers assess their data holdings and management practices.
To better understand the above, the City of Guelph and Esri Canada teamed up to assess the City’s readiness to meet the NG9-1-1 data requirements.
This session will:
- provide an overview of the existing 9-1-1 system and why it needs to change
- explain the NG9-1-1 system’s critical dependence on GIS data
- explain the national NG9-1-1 data specifications
- Guelph-Esri Readiness Assessment:
- project objectives
- data management and flow modelling
- City to NG9-1-1 data model comparison
- challenges for the City
- recommendations to address the above
Alex Brossault, Program Manager of Data and Information Technology, City of Guelph
Barry Costello, Consultant
Interested in offering a Webinar? Contact John for details